Series of lectures "A Dream Come True. Polish Jews and the Founding of the State of Israel"
The year 2018 marks the 70th anniversary of the proclamation of Israel’s independence. On this occasion, POLIN Museum invites you to a series of lectures which will elucidate the process of the State of Israel’s establishment with particular focus on the participation of Polish Jews in this process.
Polish and Israeli historians will discuss the circumstances that made the founding of Israel possible (the birth of Zionism, the waves of emigration, the kibbutz movement), as well as the political and social transformation which determined its development.
Lectures in Polish and English with simultaneous translation into Polish will be held on Mondays at 6PM.
- 9 October 2017: David Ben-Gurion and the Path to Israel’s Independence
- 6 November 2017: A Budding State: Aliyahs, Kibbutzim, Urbanisation
- 1 February 2018: How Did We Negotiate Peace for Israel?
- 15 February 2018: Women in Israel: Myth and Reality
- 5 April 2018: Zionism in Poland, Poland in Zionism
- 17 May 2018: Theodor Herzl and his vision of a Jewish state: ideas and the reality
- 21 June 2018: Icchak Rabin. The Ultimate Native Born Israeli Leader
The lecture is organized within the Global Education Outreach Program.
Lecture was made posiible thanks to support of Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture, William K. Bowes, Jr. Foundation & theAssociation of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland.