Families with children
The POLIN Museum is very child friendly. Since the opening of the King Matt’s family education area in 2015, we have been visited by 25 000 children with guardians annually.
We have prepared a rich program for families, whereby we introduce children to Jewish culture and tradition in an interesting and active way. We talk about openness to diversity and teach empathy and cooperation. We encourage creative approaches to music, film, pictures, arts and crafts. We experiment continuously looking for new forms and unconventional materials. We let our imaginations run wild, embracing the creative freedom of the children.
The program for families includes:
- Weekend family workshops in the King Matt family education area.
- Activities for families with children aged 1-10.
- Cyclical workshops for parents and guardians with younger children (aged 1-3).
- Multicultural half-day summer and winter camps.
- Family picnics on special occasions e.g. Children’s Day in June.
- Special events organized on Jewish holidays (e.g. Rosh Hashana, Chanukah, Purim).
- Workshops for parents and guardians of children with disabilities.
We have prepared informational materials for our youngest guests, such as family guides and Little POLIN. Guides are available for the core exhibition at the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews. Family paths are also available for the temporary exhibition, prepared with children in mind. You can also rent an audio-guide for children in English from the ticket office.