POLIN Museum’s educational resources are perfect for schools, community groups, and other organizations, and they are all online.
- Students can make their own daffodils with just paper, scissors, and glue. Please find instructions below:
Encourage your students to take photos wearing the daffodils they have made, and to post them on social media with our campaign hashtags:
Students can also join our Young Leaders Program, and take the lead in encouraging their peers to participate in the online campaign.
- Ask your students to watch "There Was No Hope", an educational film about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, produced by POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews. The film premiered on 19 April, 2016 as part of the Daffodils Campaign.
- Our Teaching Resource, a 24-page downloadable PDF, assists teachers in lesson plan preparation related to the film.
- Ghetto and the War in a Child’s Perception includes lesson plan activities and historical information about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, and is designed for a 45-minute session for upper elementary and high school classes.
- Timeline of Events is a powerful resource for presenting what took place each day from 19 April 1943 to the end of the uprising on 16 May 1943. The document is beautifully designed as a calendar, and can be used along with the film "There Was No Hope".
- The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Presentation which includes basic facts about the Warsaw Ghetto, can accompany the film "There Was No Hope".
- Marek Edelman Graphic Novel is designed for middle and high schools students. By clicking on an image, students can easily interact with the story.
- Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising introduces the main leaders of the Uprising.
- We also invite you to take thematic tours of the Core Exhibition at POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews or tour the whole Core Exhibition.
Monika Koszyńska: [email protected] for more information or to speak with our Education Department.
We are working on more online resources for students and teachers. For questions and suggestions, please contact Gosia Szymanska Weiss [email protected].