2022 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign: program of events
Commemorate the 79th anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. Join our Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign: wear a yellow daffodil on 19 April, 2022 to show that you are standing in solidarity with people around the world, and that we are #rememberingtogether. Then participate in the in person or online events that have been prepared for the anniversary.
This year, the leading theme of our commemoration is about love. We will focus on it during the premiere of the play, "Mum Always Comes Back," and during a special conversation held with Eyal Menashes Zuckerman, the granddaughter of Tsivia Lubetkin and Yitzhak Zuckerman.
Program of events 19-21 April:
"Mum Always Comes Back," Dir. M. Kalita
- 19 April, 7 PM – premiere, SOLD OUT
- 20 April, 7 PM
- 21 April, 7 PM, SOLD OUT
- Tickets: 60 PLN – zone I, 50 PLN – zone II
A one woman show based on a book by Agata Tuszyńska, starring Aleksandra Popławska – one of the 2022 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign Ambassadors.
- 19 April, 10 AM, Facebook and YouTube
- Available in Polish with English subtitles. Adjust your CC.
Franciszek Bojańczyk will tell us more about the relationship between Marek Edelman and Alina Margolis-Edelman, and also about Pola Lifszyc who ran after her mother heading towards the Umschlagplatz to die together with her.
Live broadcast from the ceremony at the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes
- 19 April, 12 noon, Facebook
- 19 April, 8 PM, Facebook Friends of POLIN and YouTube
- Recording of a conversation in English with English subtitles.
Eyal Menashes Zuckerman, granddaughter of Tsivia Lubetkin and Yitzhak Zuckerman in conversation with Prof. Barbara Kirshenblatt-Gimblett, Chief Curator of the POLIN Museum Core Exhibition.
- 20 April, 6 PM, Facebook, broadcast from the Marek Edelman’s Center for Dialogue in Łódź
On the 100th anniversary (almost to the date) of Alina Margolis Edelman’s birthday, her family and friends will reminisce about her.
Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign at schools, libraries and institutions of culture (Only in Poland)
- 19 April, literary premieres of books by Anna Bikont, Marcin Szczygielski and Paweł Beręsewicz
All texts complement scenarios for lessons and assignment papers. We'll share the database of educational materials and films, which will help run a lesson both online and on-site at an institution.
- 20 April, Premieres of audio plays for children and youth, Facebook of the Educational Center and YouTube
- 9 AM, "Strasznie strasznie" [Scary, Scary] a short story by Paweł Beręsewicz, read by singer Andrzej Piaseczny, Ambassador of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign.
- 12 noon, "Prawdziwi przyjaciele" [True Friends] short story by Marcin Szczygielski, read by actress Eliza Rycembel.
How to join the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign >>
In April, we will organize other events connected to the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Campaign program:
- 23 April, 11 AM and 2 PM, "Josima’s Beads." A sensory-friendly concert; SOLD OUT
During the concert, our audience will be immersed in the world of music of Josima Feldschuh, a young pianist and composer from the Warsaw ghetto.
- 24 April, 2.30-4.30 PM, Women fighters. A walk in the footsteps of women fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, tickets: regular 20 PLN, concessions: 15 PLN; SOLD OUT
An anniversary walk dedicated to women who fought for their life and dignity hand in hand with men in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- 28 April, 6 PM, Facebook, PJM translation, Jewish ABC – Love in the diaries and recollections from the ghetto. Meeting with Dr Ewa Wiatr and Paula Sawicka.
We will talk about different kinds of love in the shadow of the Holocaust with our guests, Dr Ewa Wiatr and Paula Sawicka. The meeting will be chaired by Piotr Kowalik.