- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use and why?
- How do they affect your privacy?
- What rights you have under the GDPR (Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)) and under the Telecommunications Law (the Act of 16 July 2004 on Telecommunications Law (Dz.U. /Journal of Laws/ 2004 No 171, item 1800, as amended).
What are cookies
- Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or smartphone when you view our website. There are different types of cookies. We have divided them into two groups:
- cookies essential for the use of our website;
- other cookies.
- The cookies that are essential for the use of our website are used, among other things, to ensure the stability of the website (they measure traffic, protecting us against traffic congestion), to remember your selected privacy preferences, to fill in online forms we provide, to save the content of your shopping cart and to monitor your login status. We use these cookies by default, i.e. we store them on your computer or smartphone when you access our website (pursuant to Art. 173 sec. 3 of the Telecommunications Act).
- We only use other cookies if you have given your consent to them. You will read more about them in the next section of our Policy.
What cookies do we use
- Necessary cookies – ensure the proper operation of our website and its basic functions. Without them, you will not be able to use our online services properly. These cookies are exempt from the requirement to obtain your consent (Art. 173 sec. 3 of the Telecommunications Act).
Name Deadline Purpose s_fid 5 years Stores referral ID if third-party cookies are restricted by opt-out test_cookie 1 day Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies sat_domain session Control cookie used in connection to the website’s Content Delivery Network (CDN) __cf_bm 1 day This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website JsesjaID session Preserves users states across page requests CookieConsent session Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain datadome session Used in context with the website's BotManager. The BotManager detects, categorizes and compiles reports on potential bots trying to access the website CONSENT 2 years Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website
Name Deadline Purpose s_vi 2 years Registers a unique ID that identifies the user's device for return visits __qca 1 year Collects data on the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content _dlt 1 day Sets a unique ID for the sesja. This allows the website to obtain data on visitor behaviour for statistical purposes collect session Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels test_cookie 1 day Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies _dc_gtm_UA-# session / 1 day Used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag _ga session / 1 day Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website _ga_# session / 2 years Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit _gat session / 1 day Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate _gid session / 1 day Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website __qca persistent Collects data on the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content qcSes session Collects data on the user's visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content vuid 2 years Collects data on the user's visits to the website, such as which pages have been read object(quot;#-#-#T#:#:#.#Zquot;) sesion
- Marketing cookies – we use these cookies to personalise the content you are shown. Marketing cookies may be used in our advertising campaigns that are run on third-party websites. If you consent to the use of marketing cookies, you may receive information about the websites of our trusted partners where you have responded to our advertising. If you disable marketing cookies, you will be shown generic and non-personalised advertisements. As with analytical cookies, if you refuse to save marketing cookies on your computer or smartphone, this will not restrict any functionality on our website for you.
Name Deadline Purpose sat_domain session Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor's preferences IDE 1 year Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user NID 6 months Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. The ID is used for targeted ads iutk session Recognises the user's device and what Issuu documents have been read _fbc 3 months This cookie is used by Facebook to target advertisement based on user behavior and preferences across multiple websites. The cookie contains an encrypted ID which allows Facebook to identify the user across websites _fbp 3 months Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers mc 13 months Collects data on the user's visits to the website, such as what pages have been loaded. The registered data is used for targeted ads ads/ga-audiences session Used to detect whether the user intends to leave the page via cursor movements. This allows the website to trigger certain pop-ups to keep the user on the website or convert them to customer ytidb::LAST_RESULT_ENTRY_KEY persistent Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-cast-available session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-cast-installed session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-connected-devices session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-device-id session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-fast-check-period session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-sesja-app session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video yt-remote-sesja-name session Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video __Secure-YEC 13 months Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video LAST_RESULT_ENTRY_KEY session LogsDatabaseV2:Va75d9c93||#LogsRequestsStore session nextId session remote_sid session Necessary for the implementation and functionality of YouTube video-content on the website requests session ServiceWorkerLogsDatabase#SWHealthLog persistent SOCS 13 months TESTCOOKIESENABLED 1 day VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE 180 days Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos YSC session Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen yt.innertube::nextId persistent Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen ytidb::LAST_RESULT_ENTRY_KEY persistent Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video YtIdbMeta#databases persistent
- Preference cookies – enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Name Deadline Purpose player 1 year Saves the user's preferences when playing embedded videos from Vimeo sync_active persistend Contains data on visitor's video-content preferences - This allows the website to remember parameters such as preferred volume or video quality. The service is provided by Vimeo.com s_cc session Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies
Consent to the installation of cookies
- Please note that your consent is not required for essential cookies, as cookies of this type ensure the full and uninterrupted functioning of our website. These cookies are exempt from the requirement to obtain your consent pursuant to Art. 173 sec. 3 of the Telecommunications Act.
No consent for the installation of cookies
If you do not want our cookies to be stored on your device, you can select the "Reject all" option. By selecting this option you will reject all the cookies we use on our website, except for the technically necessary ones.
Consent to selected cookies
You can manage your cookie preferences in detail by selecting the "Allow selected" box on the cookie banner displayed to you.
Some of the cookies we use constitute personal data and therefore you have the right to:
- The controller of your personal data, i.e. the entity that decides on the purposes and means of processing, is the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews with its registered office in (00-157) Warsaw, 6 Anielewicza Street. You can contact the Controller by sending a letter by post to our registered office address.
- A Data Protection Officer appointed by the Controller supervises the correctness of the processing of personal data. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted in writing, by post, using the address: ul. Anielewicza 6, 00-157 Warszawa, via an e-mail: [email protected] or over the phone: 22 471 03 41.
- Your personal data will be processed to provide the basic functions of our website. If you have given the relevant (voluntary) consent, your data will also be processed in order to provide you with services, offers and communications tailored to your preferences and to analyse website traffic and provide social media functions (depending on the preferences you have indicated).
- The recipients of your personal data are the entities to which the Controller subcontracts the performance of activities that require data processing (processors). Pursuant to applicable law, the Administrator may transfer data to entities processing them on behalf of the Administrator on the basis of contracts for the outsourcing of personal data processing (e.g. consultants, auditors, IT service providers) and to other entities authorised on the basis of applicable regulations (e.g. courts, law enforcement agencies) – upon a legally binding request.
- As a rule, personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (hereinafter: "EEA"). However, given the provision of services by our subcontractors in the delivery of support for ICT services and IT infrastructure, the Museum may outsource certain activities or IT tasks to recognised subcontractors operating outside the EEA, which may result in the transfer of your data outside the EEA. According to the European Commission's decision, recipient countries outside the EEA shall ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data in accordance with EEA standards. For recipients in the territory of countries not covered by the European Commission's decision, in order to ensure an adequate level of this protection, the data exporter (controller or processor acting on the controller's instructions) shall conclude contracts with the recipients of the personal data, which shall be based on the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission in accordance with Art. 46 sec. 2 letter c of the GDPR.
- The data will be stored for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes specified above or, in the case of consent, no longer than until the withdrawal of the consent given, and thereafter until the statute of limitations for possible claims or until the expiry of data retention obligations under the law.
- You have the right of access to the content of your data and, unless otherwise provided by law, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object to data processing.
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- As your personal data is processed on the basis of the controller's legitimate interest, the controller will no longer process it for the indicated purpose if you object to such processing. You have the right to object at any time, free of charge, to the processing of personal data concerning you where the processing of your personal data is carried out on the basis of a legitimate interest and the objection is based on your particular situation.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
- The provision of data is voluntary, but necessary for the provision of services.
- Your personal data will not be used for the purpose of automated decision-making (including in the form of profiling) in such a way that such automated processing could result in any decision that would produce legal effects or similarly have any effect on you.
- You can obtain more information on how to exercise your rights, as set out above, by contacting the Controller or the Data Protection Officer as set out in sections 1 and 2.
- The controller shall make every effort to ensure that all physical, technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data against accidental or intentional damage, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, use or access, in accordance with all applicable regulations.
Withdrawal of consent
You can change your consent at any time by clicking on the "paper clip" icon in the bottom left-hand corner of our website.