Tours of the exhibition. No need to leave home
Can’t make it to POLIN Museum just yet? Are you planning a trip to Poland and want to visit the Museum? Are you interested in the history of Poland and the Polish Jews? We invite you explore the Museum from the convenience of your devices. Go on a tour with one of our actual guides without having to leave home, and get a taste of what awaits you. POLIN Museum has prepared a special series of tours of the Core Exhibition galleries which you can watch online on our website, English Museum profile, and YouTube.
Meet your guides - Anita Borkowska, Katarzyna Jankowska, Dagmara Mańka-Wizor, Renata Płotczyk and Mariusz Jastrząb - will take you for a journey through the history of the Polish Jews spanning no less than one thousand years.
Along the way, you’ll meet kings, inventors, thinkers, and industrialists. You’ll learn about the Jewish holidays, customs, religion and culture. You’ll hear stories of love, friendship, sacrifice and struggle, of the life as presented the chronicles and newspapers, and the life on the Jewish street.
Listing of episodes from "Tours of the exhibition. No need to leave home"
- Episode 1: Merchants, bankers, diplomats. Jews in old Poland - a tour of the First Encounters gallery (960-1500) guided by Dr. Mariusz Jastrząb
- Episode 2: Tolerant Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - a tour of the Paradisus ludaeorum gallery (1569–1648) guided by Renata Płotczyk
- Episode 3: Women's realm, men's realm - a tour of the Jewish Town gallery (1648-1772) guided by Dagmara Mańka-Wizor
- Episode 4: By train towards modernity — how the world of Polish Jews changed in the 19th century? - a tour of the Encounters with Modernity gallery (1772–1914) guided by Katarzyna Jankowska
- Episode 5: To "Mała Ziemiańska" for black coffee with a dollop of milk. The world of Jewish poets, painters and filmmakers in interwar Poland - a tour of the Jewish Street gallery (1918-1939) guided by Katarzyna Jankowska
- Episode 6: Who were they, what did they feel, what happened to them? – a tour of the Holocaust gallery (1939–1945) guided by by Dr. Anita Borkowska
- Episode 7: To stay or to leave? Dilemmas of Polish Jews who survived the Holocaust - a tour of the Postwar Years gallery (1944 until the present) guided by Dr. Mariusz Jastrząb
More information about the core exhibition can be found by clicking on this link >>