Zuzanna Hertzberg – "Women Fighters. An Affective Archive"
This solo show by Zuzanna Hertzberg, an interdisciplinary artist, artivist and researcher, has been conceived as a visual narrative of the history of Jewish women’s activism in the 20th century. The project contributes to her building a new affective archive of women’s experience. Galeria Studio presents artworks on fabric, objects and paintings. The exhibition is accompanied by a series of spoken word performances by the artist. By recovering the voice of women, narrating their lives and transferring them to the present day, Hertzberg develops a herstory of Jewish women's resistance.
- 27 March – 21 May 2023 (from Tuesday to Sunday), noon–7:00 PM
- Galeria Studio
- For Museums Night on May 13, 2023, the exhibition will be open until 12:00 PM
- Spoken word performance by Zuzanna Hertzberg, "Mechitza: Individual and Collective Resistance of Women during the Shoah" (in English):
- 18 April 2023 (Tuesday), 2:00 PM
- 20 April 2023 (Thursday), 5:00 PM
- Spoken word performance by Zuzanna Hertzberg, Volunteers for Freedom (in English):
- 20 April 2023, 6:00 PM
Curators: Natalia Andrzejewska & Dorota Jarecka
Honorary Patronage: POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews
Partner: Czarne Publishing House