A unique discovery—photographic film with images of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising – press release
The search for the negatives lasted several months. Maciej Grzywaczewski, son of the photographer, was asked by the curators of the exhibition "Around Us a Sea of Fire. The Fate of Jewish Civilians During the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising" to look through his father’s photographic archive. He discovered the negatives in the very last box.
- Read more in the article on our website>>
- Photos of negatives made by fireman Zbigniew Leszek Grzywaczewski, part 1 [.zip, .tif] >>
- Photos of negatives, part 2 [.zip, .tif] >>
- Credits PL / ENG [.zip, .docx] >>
- Photos of Maciej Grzywaczewski and Zuzanna Schnepf-Kołacz with negatives [.zip, .jpg, .docx] >>
- Poster of the exhibition "Around Us a Sea of Fire" ENG [.jpg] >>
In 2023, POLIN Museum is running an annual program "Thou Shalt Not Be Indifferent. 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising." The key element of the program is a temporary exhibition titled "Around Us a Sea of Fire. The Fate of Jewish Civilians During the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising" which will open in April. Professor Barbara Engelking, head of the Center for Holocaust Research at the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Science, is the author of the exhibition concept, Zuzanna Schnepf-Kołacz of POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews is the curator. The exhibition is co-organised by the Association of the Jewish Historical Institute of Poland and the Center for Holocaust Research.
When using photos, please provide information about the author / owner of the rights to the photos according to the description of each file.
Spokeswoman/Head of the Press Office
mobile: +48 604 464 675