TISH Festival: Tribute to Fania Lewando. Vegetarian Sabbath dinner
5 meals and 5 chefs: Aleksander Baron, Alessia Di Donato, Sabina Francuz, Malka Kafka, Laurel Kratochvila.
- 28 September (Friday), 7 PM, SOLD OUT
They will prepare meals inspired by the recipies of Fania Lewando—a prewar restaurant owner and pioneer of healthy eating. Drinks selected by Katarzyna Fedorowicz will also be available. This unique shabbat dinner organized in the POLIN Museum main hall will be interwoven with the history of Polish-Jewish cuisine and culture.
- Malka Kafka presents: Amuse-bouche
- Jewish Caviar
- Sabina Francuz presents: Starter
- Cabbage with vegetables and mushrooms, sour cream, radish carpaccio, pickled red pine mushroom
- Laurel Kratochvila presents: Soup
- Leek soup, kreplach, Jerusalem artichoke and mushroom cracklings
- Aleksander Baron presents: Main
- Vegetarian sausages filled with:
- Spiced challah with raisins, lemon zest
- Aubergine with sauerkraut, gingerbread spices
- Smoked carrot, prune and apple, majoram, caraway seeds
- Beetroot, beans, poppy seeds, poppy seed oil
- Alessia Di Donato presents: Desert
- Apple rice kugel, passito sauce, cinnamon sable, gold
Sommelier Katarzyna Federowicz serves drinks for every dish.