August, September 2019
Gaga/people – dance activity for adults
Gaga is a new way of gaining knowledge and self-awareness through your body. Gaga provides a framework for discovering and strengthening your body and adding flexibility, stamina, and agility while lightening the senses and imagination.
August, September 2019 (Thursdays), 6.30 PM, tickets: PLN 30
- 8 August,, 6.30PM, SOLD OUT
- 16 August, 6.30PM, BUY TICKET >>
17 August, 10AM, BUY TICKET >>
- 5 September, KUP BILET >>
- 12 September, KUP BILET >>
- 19 September, KUP BILET >>
- 26 September, KUP BILET >>
- A PASS for 4 workshops on September, PURCHASE A PASS >>
On 11 April the Gaga People class will be held at the Monument View Room (level 0, the main Museum building). Meeting point is at the staff entrance from the side of Anielewicza Street. Due to security reasons, please be sure to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Gaga is a movement language which Ohad Naharin developed over the course of many years and which is applied in daily practice and exercises by the Batsheva Dance Company members. The language of Gaga originated from the belief in the healing, dynamic, ever-changing power of movement, and it continues to evolve today.
Gaga raises awareness of physical weaknesses, awakens numb areas, exposes physical fixations, and offers ways for their elimination. The work improves instinctive movement and connects conscious and unconscious movement, and it allows for an experience of freedom and pleasure in a simple way, in a pleasant space, in comfortable clothes, accompanied by music, each person with himself and others.
Gaga/people classes are open to people aged 16+, regardless of their background in dance or movement. No previous dance experience is necessary.
Participants should wear comfortable clothes and be prepared to dance barefoot or in socks. It is advisable to bring a bottle of water and a towel to use after class
- The language of instruction is English.
- The event is aimed at people aged 16+.
- The session lasts 60 mins with no interval.
- Comfortable sports outfit is required.
- Participants will dance barefoot or in socks.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted to the venue, so please make sure to arrive at least 10 mins before the beginning of the session.
- Please do not record the session with the AV or photographic equipment.
- The classes will be held in the subsequent months.
Prosimy o nierejestrowanie zajęć sprzętem audio/video oraz fotograficznym.
ADI WEINBERG-PREJNA – Adi received her dance training at the Haifa Program for Professional Dancers and did an apprenticeship with the Vertigo Dance Company. As a contemporary dancer, she performed at many festivals around the world.
She has worked with various choreographers, e.g.: Andrea Costanzo Martini, Nadar Rosano, Efrat Rubin, Rachel Erdos, Noa Zuk, Aviv Eveguy, Shimrit Golan, Yuval Goldstein, Sharon Vaisvaser, Deganit Shemi, Michael Miller, as well as the Fresco Dance Company and the Israeli Opera.
Her solo choreography “Living Leaving” was created during a residency program of the Maat project and premiered at Maat Festival in Lublin, Poland. Since then, Adi continues to develop as a choreographer and to perform in different platforms and festivals such as Machol Shalem International Dance Week, Tel Aviv Dance Festival at Suzanne Dellal, MSTT Festival, KRoki Festival and many more.