19th Millennium Docs Against Gravity: "Angels of Singar" – film and meeting with Hanna Polak
Hanifa and Saeed barely survived the hell that ISIS inflicted on them and their people – the religious minority of Yezids, living in the Sinjar region of northern Iraq. Film by Academy- and Emmy-Award nominee Hanna Polak, is a heartrending cry for justice.
- 15 May (Sunday), godz. 8 PM
- Tickets: 20 PLN, BUY A TICKET >>
A severely wounded Saeed, shot and left for dead, managed to crawl out from a mass grave before ISIS fighters buried the victims of the massacre—most of his loved ones among them. Hanifa was able to escape kidnapping, but her five younger sisters were enslaved by the Islamic State and taken to points unknown. To keep her promise to her dying father, Hanifa embarks on a heroic, deadly mission to find the girls and bring them home. Angels of Sinjar, by Academy- and Emmy-Award nominee Hanna Polak, is a heartrending cry for justice. An exposé of a terrible crime against humanity, it reveals the horrors of a forgotten genocide and the people who are denied all of their rights—but it’s also a testament to their courage and strength.
"Angels of Sinjar"
- Poland, Germany 2022, 113 min
- Director: Hanna Polak
- Cinematography by: Hanna Polak, Mariusz Margas, Mykhailo Puziurin
- Producer: Hanna Polak, Simone Baumann
- Production: Hanna Polak Films, Saxonia Entertainment
- Selected festivals and awards: 2022 – FIFDH Geneve